Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or PDF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 11-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The author(s) hereby warrants that the manuscript being submitted to the Association for Digital Forensics, Security and Law (ADFSL) for publication in the Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law (JDFSL), the Proceedings of the Conference on Digital Forensics, Security and Law and/or the Proceedings of the Lex Informatica Conference, IS ORIGINAL AND HAS NOT BEEN SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION OR PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE. The Publisher will not accept a manuscript for which the copyright is held by a third party.
The author(s) in consideration of the publication of the manuscript being submitted also understand that IF AND ONLY IF the manuscript is accepted:
1. Author agrees to, and does hereby assign all rights, title and interest, including copyrights, in and to the manuscript to Publisher. When the manuscript is ready for publication, it will be published at Publisher's own expense, under the Publisher's name or any other name Publisher in its sole discretion elects.
2. Author(s) understand that no royalties or remuneration will be paid by the Publisher to the author for the above named submitted manuscript. Further, Author(s) acknowledge the manuscript is being provided on a volunteer basis for the professional recognition obtained by the publication.
3. The Author will indemnify and defend Publisher against any claim, demand or recovery against Publisher by reason of any violation of any proprietary right or copyright, or because of any libelous or scandalous matter contained in the Manuscript.
4. The Author agrees that until the publication of the manuscript Author will not agree to publish, or furnish to any other publisher, any work on the same subject that will infringe upon or adversely affect the sale of the manuscript.
5. The publisher will have the right to edit the work for the original edition and for any revision, provided that the meaning of the text is not materially altered.
6. The Publisher will furnish 1 copy of the Journal to each Author without charge. Additional copies for the Author's use shall be supplied at a 40% discount from the list price.
7. When the Publisher decides that the public demand for this work no longer warrants its continued manufacture, the Publisher may discontinue manufacture and destroy any or all plates, books, and sheets without liability to the Author.
8. The Publisher may permit others to publish, broadcast, make recordings or mechanical renditions, publish book club and micro-film editions, make translations and other electronic versions, show by motion pictures or television, syndicate, quote, and otherwise utilize this work, and material based on this work.
9. The author(s) retain(s) the right to make copies of all or part of the published article for their use in classroom teaching or for any other presentation.
10. The author(s) retain(s) the right to reuse all or part of this material in a compilation of their own works or in a textbook of which they are the author.
11. The author(s) retain(s) the right to make copies of the published work for use within the institution that employs them.
12. This Agreement, whenever called upon to be construed, shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia
13. The parties to this Agreement consent and agree that all legal proceedings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be maintained in the courts in Virginia
14. This Agreement represents the entire understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and this Agreement supersedes all previous representations, understandings of agreements, oral or written, between the parties with respect to subject matter hereof and cannot be modified except by a written instrument signed by the parties hereto.
15. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.